Unreal to Unity Exporter
This Unreal plugin will export an Unreal level to a complete unity project.
Watch the video tutorial here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thGvNU1WH58
- If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Supported Unreal Versions :
- 4.27, 4.26, 4.25
Supported Unity versions :
Built in pipeline : Unity 2018.4 or newer
URP : Unity 2021.1.20f1
- certain materials will not look 100% like in Unreal, one aspect being the smoothness curve, and a few others containing exotic material nodes
- terrain shaders are not exported
- can only export one level to a complete unity project right now.
- if for any reason you have shader compilation errors give me an e-mail at email@example.com . This is by far the most complex part of the export and depending on the unreal material all sorts of things can occur.
- light intensities will not match exactly
URP 11.0 support
HDRP 11.0 initial support
What doesn't work :
- skinned meshes/cloth
- materials that depend on blueprints (skies are usually made that way in Unreal)
- reflection probes aren't exported
- particle emitters
- wind modifiers
- subsurface scattering
- spline meshes
- world position offset / vertex interpolators
- overriden materials from StaticMeshComponent
There are 2 ways of operation :
- a mesh-based OBJ export : vertex colors and multitexcoords, lights, LODs and primitive collision shapes. It's very fast and materials are always accurate.
- Single FBX Scene : includes vertex colors, lights, collisions, LODs but messes some materials sometimes and may take a really long time. For a 2M poly scene it can take > 10minutes. It also can't save individual meshes as assets.
If you're not convinced about this tool I can also provide a personalized video preview for your target assets if you can share those assets with me.
If you're looking for UE4 optimizations check out my package here : https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/cbd14d2f194f4f6f8173b32783e41567
- Size120 KB